- 1 lb salmon fillet cut into large chunks.
- 2 tomatoes, quartered.
- 10 – 12 okra, trimmed.
- 1 eggplant, quartered lengthwise, then cut into
- 1½” pieces.
- 5 shallots, sliced.
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced.
- 3 tbsp curry powder, blended with 3 tbsp water to create a paste.
- ½ cup coconut cream.
- 1 cup water.
- 3 tablespoon oil.
- 2 tablespoon tamarind soup base mix.
- 10 – 12 curry leaves or 2 bay leaves.
- salt to taste.
Heat oil in a pot and fry sliced shallots and garlic until fragrant. Add curry paste and stir for 4 – 5 minutes.
Add curry or bay leaves, coconut cream and water. Bring to a boil.
Stir in tamarind soup base and salt. Add okra and eggplant, reduce heat, simmer for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and continue to simmer for another 5 minutes.
Add salmon and cook for 2 – 3 minutes. Turn off heat, remove.
Serve with roti n rice. Now, where have I heard this before?
Enjoy…..and have a wonderful day!